|Its About Time, is Calums first recording. Over the last few years, Calums collaboration with Muriel Johnstone in playing for Scottish Country Dances, led to their decision in 2003 to produce a CD of tunes they enjoyed in common. The result is this compilation of tunes old and new. Some sets are from a particular period and style and some span hundreds of years and thousands of miles.They include ancient Gaelic melodies, the fiddle music of 18th Century Edinburgh, driving reels from Scotland and Canada and recent compositions by both Calum and Muriel. Muriel and Calum are joined by Judith Peacock-Cummings, clàrsach, Ralph Gordon, bass, and Germaine Morgan, cello. The fine analogue recording and mixing was done in the superb Sage Arts Studio in Arlington, Washington State.
To order It's About Time from the US and Canada, mail a cheque for $16.50 USD or CDN to:
510 12th Avenue N
Edmonds, WA 98020
To order from other locations, please e-mail Calum for information. To purchase by credit card, please visit: www.scotscores.com
Track Listing click on the linked tracks to hear a sample Real Audio Player required
- Madam Frederick , Angus Grants Welcome to Fiddle Tunes, Johnnie Muises Reel, The Clumsy Lover
- Shingly Beach
- Mr Wilsons Hornpipe, Miss Isabella Robertsons Reel, Mrs Oswald (of Auchincruives) Favourite Reel, Dr James Hamiltons Reel.
- Master Francis Sitwell
- Tha mi am Cadal, Mrs Oswald (of Auchincruives) New Strathspey, Mr Robert MacKay of Edinburgh, Braighe Bhanbh, Calabria
- Theid mi dhachaich chro chinn t-saile (I shall return to Kintail)
- The Kerfunten Jig, Dan Collins Fathers Jig, Grace Morrison of Borve
- The Dutchess of Bedfords Strathspey, The Dutchess of Manchesters Farewell to the Highlands of Scotland, The Marchioness of Huntlys Strathspey, Mrs Frasers Reel Cullen, Miss Elenora Robertson
- Sandys New Chanter, Train Journey North
- Nathaniel Gows Lament on the Death of his Brother, Elke Baker, MacKinnons Rant, MacKinnons Other Rant, Calum Beag
- After, Tracy in Flight
- Rory MacLeod, The Hens March, Cork Hill.